This is the travel blog my Mum told me I had to have. I left Brisbane on the 4th of December and will return at the end of the World Cup. I can't promise to update regullary, but at least in the short term I will update with stories from the road. I will try to report the truth but a little bit of Gonzo should also be expected from time to time. Funtheque is the name of the most happening club I found in Malaysia - so I decided to name the blog that to honour the memory.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Leaving Home

After the dust settled from the crazziness that was the Gabba Stackathon I all of a sudden realised I had a week left before heading on the big adventure. I still had to finish thesis, pack all my stuff and find some time to go to the beach.

Thankfully I had long stopped caring about thesis, didn't really care which clothes made it into the bag, and had all ready got the tan into tip top condition. By about Tuesday then I was a little bored...

Wednesday went to the beach with Holepunch, but it was overcast. Friday went fishing with the Oldman, but got out fished by the Kapitan. Saturday had early christmas with the family, but once again Taylen the Nephew got better presents then I, and Sunday played golf with the lads, but got beaten by Tunny, and finally went to going away party on Sunday night, but it rained :(. I have vague recolections of late Sunday night, but if anyone can update me on what happened between Ashes and Cat after we finished skinning dipping I would love to know.

By the end of the week I was ready to go.


Monday I woke up very hungover, reeking of rum, still needing to a thousand errands before leaving for the plane. So by the time we got to the airport I was ill, sweating spirits, starting to get nervous about the whole thing in general, and dreading the next 40 hours of travel. It was about this time that I realised I had left my Ipod at home, my mood got worse. Thankfully Holepunch, Nylex, Embo, Kloss Dogg, Kitty Cat, and Crabby Abbey, had come to say good bye and ensure that I got on the plane.

So there it was, Gilly got out for another soft dimissal and it was time to get on the plane. As expected Kloss was the first to break blubbering like a little girl, holepunch looked a little misty eyed, but my little sisters really looked a little releaved that it was finally time to go. With a smile and a bit of a tear of my own I went through customs and was off on the adventure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home