This is the travel blog my Mum told me I had to have. I left Brisbane on the 4th of December and will return at the end of the World Cup. I can't promise to update regullary, but at least in the short term I will update with stories from the road. I will try to report the truth but a little bit of Gonzo should also be expected from time to time. Funtheque is the name of the most happening club I found in Malaysia - so I decided to name the blog that to honour the memory.

Monday, January 1, 2007

A Very Happy Unbirthday

So Kloss dogg delivered the Ipod when he was in Prague so I was ready to get back onto the tourist horse when I got back to London, Julie had the next Friday off (two days before New Years) so we decided to go on an adventure. After a bold suggestion from yours truly that we simply go to the bus station and get on the first bus that was leaving, (our rules where that the trip could only take two hours (so we could get back in one day) and it couldn't be too an airport) Joe Norks and I set out for Victoria St Coach Station. We arrived at 9:31 and immediatly where a little disapointed with our Bus Station Roulette, unlike we expected all the Busess' left at the same time, on the hour or half hour.

So we couldn't really just let fate decide where we would go, we would have to decide, that was until I noticed in the O's that their was a 9:40 bus to Oxford, rock n roll I said, lets hussle, so we had to race over to the ticket hall, wait impatiently to be served, get out tickets then run to the bus, in the end our haste wasn't really necessary as we cooled our jets on the bus for a good couple of minutes, but anyways, there we were, completly following chance on an adventure to Oxford.

Oxford was pretty fun, we did a bit of a tour and found out all sorts of interesting facts, then went through one of the colleges (where Lewis Carol worked and later wrote- hence the Post title) (NOTE: am sitting up in the middle of the night watching the cricket, Clarke just got Cook for 20- sucks to be a Pom). (NOTE 2: Blaino I tried to find out your number but got no replies from the lads).

Anyways, after a few pints it was back to London on the bus, overall I have to say that Bus Roulette ended up a big sucess and I am sure I will be able to report on other bus adventures later in the year.

Billatron

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home