This is the travel blog my Mum told me I had to have. I left Brisbane on the 4th of December and will return at the end of the World Cup. I can't promise to update regullary, but at least in the short term I will update with stories from the road. I will try to report the truth but a little bit of Gonzo should also be expected from time to time. Funtheque is the name of the most happening club I found in Malaysia - so I decided to name the blog that to honour the memory.

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Dr No

so the call finally came through, after a 5 year apprenticeship, hovering as it were on the edges of a world hidden from view, Kapitan Kloss has finally called me up to help him out with one of his dangerous missions.

wE have a long history of near misses and close calls together, but never in the line of official duties, and never on the international scene. Oh there was that time I came across him in Praha, but he wouldn't let me in on the secret mission that time.

But not this week, I got the call a few weeks ago, very low on specifics, but I was told by a muffled voice coming out of my computer to be at a certain point on a certain day ready for international travel. I got few more details, the Kapitan would be using his most favored disguise that of 'everybody's favorite millionaire' whilst I was to develop a similar personer, one that would allow me to fly under the radar in a European city. The only other piece of information I received was that the Kapitans' able man servant and chef, Mace Windo may also make an appearance.

Naturally I was intrigued, a weekend mission with the kapitan somewhere on the continent. Where would we be going? What would be our mission? Who would be our Mark? Do spies still use the term Mark? the questions were endless.

So what have I been doing since I found got the call? practicing.

Many people who know me understand that I am a little bit of a perfectionist in everything I do, and naturally with the chance to be the kapitans wingman on a mission of international significance I do not want to let the team down. So I have spent my days (and nights) practicing all the skills important to international men of mystery.

First there was skulking, a lot of hanging around dark alleyways and just behind corners following random people. But since the whole madeline thing its been a little bit un pc to randomly follow people in the uk so I have had to give up that practice.

I ran into the same problem with my photography practice, any good spy must be able to take surveillance's without being noticed, but I had some trouble coming up with the right technique, when people noticed the camera in my hat that day in the park I thought I would be lynched...

Then there was romancing beautiful women- I have never seen a spy who hasn't had to charm (literally) the pants of an evil seductress at some point to get the mission done, so I have been spending my evenings in various wine bars working on my smooth talk and practicing the A smile - I think there should be no problems when the euro babes get to meet B A Tron.

So that's the state of play. i am prepared to do anything to make this mission a success. I will report in over the weekend to try and give you an indepth account of what life is really like when your deep undercover saving the world from all manner of evil doers. If you hear any strange sounding news stories coming out of Europe this weekend you can rest easy knowing that the Kapitan and his new side kick are on the case.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I received an sms from the Kapitan at 1911 on 27/5/07 which said:

We had a run in with the fear last night. If you see jim tell him I have his phone.

Is this code for something?

May 27, 2007 at 6:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home