This is the travel blog my Mum told me I had to have. I left Brisbane on the 4th of December and will return at the end of the World Cup. I can't promise to update regullary, but at least in the short term I will update with stories from the road. I will try to report the truth but a little bit of Gonzo should also be expected from time to time. Funtheque is the name of the most happening club I found in Malaysia - so I decided to name the blog that to honour the memory.

Saturday, February 3, 2007

The Pick and Go

How do I love a pick and go? let me count the ways.

So I thought today would be the hardest of the trip, the one where I had to miss a Reds home game. I missed one last year (thank you very much Ben and Ali), but to that point I hadn't missed one in a long, long time. From memory it was the Otago match that was played when we were on our duke of Edinburgh trip in grade 10 canoing to Stradbroke (there also may ahve been an otago match in the last year at Ballymore- but its more romantic this way).

But it has not been hard to miss at all. After a panic stricken couple of hours on Friday when it became apparent my 1st choice for streaming (damn you Rugby Channel online) wouldn't work I eventually found away to watch the game. and what a game- dispite having to put up with Marto and Clarky during a Suncorp match it has been great to watch, for a fairly slow of foot prop like me, who has based his entire career on picking, and then going (have I ever thrown a pass? I wonder what that feels like) to watch the mighty red heavies do it for at least 77 minutes (this game ain't over) has been special- now I go onto the Whytangi day Circle line pub crawl- ask Tio, you would be impressed- so a good day all round. more later.

B A Tron

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did someone say... a fatal attraction???






face

February 4, 2007 at 8:58 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill,

Good to hear you sorted out your connection and saw what was certainly a mighty mighty match by a mighty mighty team. It was a great victory made all the more sweeter by the fact that the backs didnt see any ball and did what they should - tackle.

It has to be said that the best off-season purchase was Eddie Jones - The Sage as he is now known (God, please don't let this come back to haunt me)...And also congrats to The Sage for having the courage to tell Drew Mitchell that he couldn't play fullback and if he wanted to he should find another club....cause if there is one way we could have lost that match it would have been with Mitchell at the back.

Lets just get excited about the fact Rod and Greg had only been training for 2 weeks and had no match practice, because when those boys swing into a little more action......look out

Shout out to Huge (or as he has been annointed The Mr Cricket of Rugby - (note: NOT Mr Rugby)) for some massive hits - especially that one on Jimmy Goperth

Go the Red Red Reddies

February 5, 2007 at 3:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home