This is the travel blog my Mum told me I had to have. I left Brisbane on the 4th of December and will return at the end of the World Cup. I can't promise to update regullary, but at least in the short term I will update with stories from the road. I will try to report the truth but a little bit of Gonzo should also be expected from time to time. Funtheque is the name of the most happening club I found in Malaysia - so I decided to name the blog that to honour the memory.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Summer Holidays

OK so I haven't posted in over a week. There are a couple of reasons for this.

1) Dav Rossi's incredibly harsh comment to my last post- it has left me broken, hiding under my covers for a couple of days, I didn't want to come out lest someone else tell me I was useless and no good.
2) It's England, nothing has been happening- what can I say?
3) The only things that have been happening have been looking for work, and boozing, so really I could have just reposted the last post, but I didn't think that would do at all.

However, at the urging of the readership I have decided to venture out and have a rant. Congress may not have liked what Georgy said overnight, but dammit he still got out their and said it- little topper that he is.

So two things to report, the first, I have ventured away from the Pickle for the week. One of Joe Knorks' very nice friends has gone away for the week, and since they live on the mean streets of Fulham requested that I house sit for them. So that's what I am doing, hanging out it Fulham, sleeping on a real bed, hacking into other people's unsecured wireless networks, and getting lost when wandering around the afore mentioned mean streets.

It is fun, but really at the moment my life is reminding me a little too much of the grand old days of Uni Summer holidays, you know, when you thought, you beauty three months off, but then by mid way through summer you were beginning to get bored, and then when Feb rolled around you realized that you had to go back to Uni so you wished the summer would keep going for awhile longer, well that's where I am at the moment. At some point I am going to have to get a job, and now I just want to keep being an unemployed bum for ever. Oh Well.

Second, It is currently snowing, I ventured outside to take some rubbish out, and low and behold, it was a winter wonderland. I can't say if it is wide spread, or if it has only been snowing on Radipole St, Fulham, but nonetheless the London winter has finally come through with some snow. It surprises me considering the rest of January has been rather warm, almost Bris Vegas in winteresque. But then over the weekend it turned real cold, dropped about 5-6 degrees during the day, and so now it has snowed. I do have to say it is a lot prettier outside, but is that really that much of a bonus?

Anyways, hopefully this will tide the Funtheque junkies over until the weekend when I promise there will be another post. I have huge plans for Aust day- I have to go to the Aussie shop today or tomorrow to pick up my bottle of bundy and cartoon of News. Should be a good day- no pool ponies to speak of but this years game of street cricket will rival last year's if its played in a blizzard.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The funniest thing about Rosscos comment on the last post is that I don't think he has ever picked up his bottom lip and stopped pining over fools gold (or our unsuspecting cousin for that matter).

(I may not be ‘Your Saviour’ but I am the truth and the light and whoever shall believe in me will have eternal life)

January 24, 2007 at 3:19 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rosco
I am your father

January 24, 2007 at 8:22 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everything is pick on poor old rossco....but you all fail to see what i have done...

All of a sudden Bill is
1. Partying again
2. Moving outside his zone of comfort (the Pickle)
3. Talking about adventures again
4. Blogging
5. Focussed on proving me wrong

In essence he is living life all thanks to my friendly post...

You should all thank me

Dav

PS Bill - I'll see you next week for the Reddies first Super 14 game

January 24, 2007 at 8:29 PM

 
Blogger Worlds Worst Footy Tipper said...

ok so Rhyso I can't keep up with who is actually commenting or not- is that really Kloss and Dav... and what was with that singing, St Patties isn't for another 6 weeks

January 24, 2007 at 9:14 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill
Only the kloss would have the wontons (perhaps foolish arrogance) to substitute the good lord's words for his own.

Rossco's post: writing a list? Definitely rossco.

AS for the singing, I was sassing Ashes all that night about whether he was a pom, an Irishman or an Aussie.
Obviously the next logical step after a cartoon of Boags and a bottle of rum (so much for a couple of cheeky beers...) was to ring our good mate in the UK and leave my message to you in the tune of Danny Boy. It's the next logical step, or has the UK made you no longer a man of the people?
And THAT's the bottom line

January 29, 2007 at 9:19 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another week goes by

Another empty space that is this blogspot

January 30, 2007 at 10:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home